For every decision you make ask yourself "What is the less expensive alternative?" - And then DO something with your savings!

Friday 16 December 2011

I repeat... DO something with your savings!

Today I went for a walk with my little one. As luck would have it, we found $10.20 on that walk.

I deposited that $10.20 into my little one's registered education savings fund (RESP). In Canada, where I am, the government will match 20% of what you contribute to an RESP. So technically, we found $12.24 today.

It would have been so easy for me to spend that $10.20 today on something like a coffee for me and a hot chocolate for the little one. It's so much more enjoyable to see the balance of her education slowly inch up. She's only 4 years old and so it's possible that the $12.24 will double by the time she's ready to use it. So possibly, we found $24.48 today.

And that is exactly how we approached paying our debt off... every time we saved money, or found money, or was gifted money... we did something with it. And I still continue to do something today!

No comments:

Post a Comment